SOS MEDITERRANEE is a European civil relief association founded in 2015 to deal with the human tragedy and lack of state rescue capacity in the Mediterranean Sea on the deadliest sea migration route in the world since 2014. It was created by a group of European citizens. A humanitarian organization has three missions:
- Rescue the afflicted at sea.
- To protect and assist the survivors on our ship.
- Watch and raise awareness of the tragedy unfolding in the central Mediterranean.
Today, SOS MEDITERRANEE is a network of four European entities (Germany, France, Italy and Switzerland) that share the goal of supporting rescue operations at sea. The Search and Rescue (SAR) operations have been carried out since February 2016 in the central Mediterranean off Libya with the charter vessels Aquarius and Ocean Viking. To date, more than 37,000 lives have been rescued by SOS MEDITERRANEE.
Business relations and reporting:
Reports to the Logistics Manager and Beach Supervisor.
Report to the Onboard Search and Rescue Coordinator and supervise the work to the Logistics and Administration Manager.
Report to the employer:
Working as a member of a diverse team involved in Humanitarian and Maritime Search and Rescue (SAR) in the Central Mediterranean, the Logistician participates in the inland and land logistics of SOS MEDITERRANEE Search and Rescue Operations teams, in a challenging, highly sensitive and rapid context. sophisticated environment.
Roles and responsibilities on board:
Under the supervision of the Search and Rescue Coordinator shall:
- Responsible for the care of survivors on board, which includes:
- Plan, organize and implement a wide range of activities on board with the support of other team members (food and non-food items distribution, cleaning, deck control, entertainment…).
- Be sure to rehearse post-recovery activities and bring the team on board.
Assistance when requested by the protection team during their activities (registration, etc.) Supervises bunkering activities on board:
- Manage food and non-food stocks and logistical resources required to carry out post-rescue activities.
- Updates all onboard inventories with support from relevant crew members (technician, SAR log, bridge team).
- Coordinate the ordering process for all onboard services and liaise with the shore logistics department to develop a supply plan.
- Responsible for setting up stops: receiving and storing orders on board (food, non-food, water and sanitation stocks), organizing containers, cleaning equipment.
Oversees the identification and implementation of maintenance with the support of members of the search and rescue team in coordination with Sarco’s deputy and under Sarco’s supervision:
- The responsibility for all surface and infrastructure installations rests with SOS MEDITERRANEE.
- The crew/equipment is under the responsibility of SOS MEDITERRANEE.
- Responsible for all SOS MEDITERRANEE communications equipment (computers, radios, etc.) with SAR log support.
- Available for technical support to the medical team for biomedical maintenance.
Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability when making decisions and prioritizing the use of on-board resources.
Beach roles and responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Logistics Department Manager, you will:
The offer extends to the beach:
- Purchase of supplies for the ship and sometimes for the office: direct purchase, estimate.
- Storage of goods and materials.
- Storage strategy and buffer stocks.
- IT equipment for the operations department.
Technical supervision of the Deputy Director of Operations – Marine:
- Determine the supplier to do the maintenance of the porch installation.
- Defining technical specifications for maintenance operations with the Logistics Department and the Search and Rescue team.
- Create an execution schedule based on vessel turnover and availability (call).
Assists and supports the Logistics Department Manager in:
- Develop and improve SOS MEDITERRANEE’s sourcing strategy.
- Logistics department structure.
- Create and implement procedures and processes for the logistics department.
- Support the Logistics Manager in any task deemed necessary.
- Understands and adheres to the vision, mission and values of SOS MEDITERRANEE.
- He is at all times a conscious representative of SOS MEDITERRANEE’s identity, values and goals and ensures that the people under his responsibility do the same.
- Respects and adheres to the guidelines and attitudes of SOS MEDITERRANEE Communications.
- Always respect and comply with employee regulations and safety rules.
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive work environment with colleagues and supervisors.
- Performs all tasks with the highest level of confidentiality for the benefit of staff and SOS MEDITERRANEE.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (4 years).
- Two or more years of logistics experience
- Ability to secure and maintain light repairs – hands on situation.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable experience in supervision, management and training with a multidisciplinary team.
- High level of computer literacy with ability to handle email, Microsoft Office including Excel, related business and common tools.
- Enthusiastic, enthusiastic, independent.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress level.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and frequent changes in plans.
Open Contract (CDI):
- Work aboard Ocean Viking: 1/3 of the time (usually between 6 and 8 weeks)
- Days of annual leave and recreation: one-third of the time
- Working on the beach in the Marseille office: 1/3 of the time
SOS MEDITERRANEE covers travel costs from Marseille to the place of embarkation (public transport and plane).
SOS MEDITERRANEE covers costs on board.
SOS MEDITERRANEE does not cover accommodation costs in Marseille.
How to register
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) in English via email to email@example.com and mention “Logistics Expert – On board the Ocean Viking and onshoreas the subject of an email before 07/21/2023. You can also add your app’s links to the content you’ve produced (no more than two). Please note that no information will be given over the phone.
When you apply for a job, we collect and store your personal data within our recruitment department for the administrative management of applications and the recruitment process. The information requested as a job candidate is intended to assess the professional qualities and skills of your application, to the exclusion of any other purpose. The legal basis for this processing is obtaining your consent and the prior contractual provisions of the employment contract. If your application is successful, this data will be kept for the duration of the contract. If your application is unsuccessful, this data will be deleted immediately, unless you specify otherwise. In accordance with the Data Protection Act of January 6, 1978 and European regulations, you can access, correct or request deletion of your personal data or exercise your right to restrict the processing of your data. You can at any time request further information and exercise your rights by contacting SOS MEDITERRANEE France, CS 20585 – 13294 Cedex Marseille 06. firstname.lastname@example.org